Gift cards are available in all Durham County ABC locations. Drop by any store to purchase. Cards can be used in any Durham County ABC store location.
Mixed Beverage Operations
Mixed Beverage Operations pertain to sales of spirituous liquor made to businesses that sell mixed beverages to their patrons, such as restaurants, bars and private clubs. There are approximately 200 establishments in Durham County, known as permittees. Permittees are required to pay an additional tax of $3.75 for every .75 liter bottle of spirituous liquor purchased.
Establishing a Mixed Beverage Account
Mixed Beverage licenses/permits are issued by the North Carolina ABC Commission. Durham County ABC cannot issue any permits. Visit the Commissions permits page for more information on obtaining a mixed beverage permit.
After obtaining a permit from the ABC Commission, it is highly recommended that you first contact Durham County ABC Law Enforcement to arrange an onsite visit and customized Responsible Alcohol Sellers Program (RASP) training session for you and your employees. You may reach ABC Law Enforcement at (919) 294-8906.
Benefits of arranging this visit are:
- You will meet the Durham ABC investigator that will be conducting your inpsections
- You will have a customized assessment of your location thereby enabling any potential problems at your site to be identified and corrected proactively
- You may have as many of your staff members attend the training as you would like, thereby ensuring that all staff members are knowledgeable of his/her responsibilities and liabilities, both personally and for your establishment, with respect to following ABC laws and regulations
- There is no cost to you for this training
Online ordering is the preferred method because it is most efficient for you (order accuracy, flexibility of time, etc.). Registered users can SIGN IN HERE FOR ONLINE ORDERING.
To register to use the Online Ordering System, contact the Mixed Beverage Manager at 919-490-6760 to request your account number. You will then use that information to create a user account online.
Fax, Email or Phone
Permittees not using the online ordering system can place orders by fax, email or phone Monday through Friday during hours of operation. To facilitate an efficient ordering process, we highly recommend the following:
- Place order at least 24 hours before the desired pick up time to ensure product availability and eliminate a possible wait.
- Place orders at the beginning of the week to avoid and end-of-week rush or possible delay.
- Place phone orders no more than once per week.
Click on the link below to download a printable form for faxing (Adobe Reader required. Click here to download the latest version of Adobe Reader). To obtain an electronic form via email, call the office number listed below or click here to email your request.
Once a month, our inventory is taken on a designated Friday, when pick-up is available only between the reduced hours of 8:30 am to 2:00 pm. Please keep informed as to which Fridays offer reduced pickup hours.
In order to assist you with successful compliance with all ABC regulations, please download the Guidelines for Mixed Beverage Establishments offered by Durham County ABC Law Enforcement.
Schwana Howard, Manager
Fax: 919-402-0159 or 919-489-0933
3620 Chapel Hill Boulevard
Phone: (919) 490-6760
Mon-Fri: 9:00am – 4:30pm
Sat: 9:00am – 1:00pm
Sat hours – Emergency orders only
(see locations page for map and driving directions)
Payment can be made as follows:
- Certified Check
- Company Check – after an account has been established for at least 30 days and with approval of the General Manager of Durham County ABC (see check acceptance guidelines for more information)